Depending on your circumstances, a Self-Managed Super Fund, or SMSF, may give you more flexibility as you seek to build and manage wealth. Benefits include more control over investment choices - such as the ability to invest in residential or commercial property – better tax control and access to a wider range of assets. It also enables you to diversify your portfolio and provides more options when it comes to the way Superannuation benefits (including death benefits) are paid.
In establishing an SMSF, you become a trustee, or a director of a company that is a trustee of the fund. This means you have considerable roles and legal responsibilities.
It’s good to know then that an FMD Financial Adviser will be able to assist you with ongoing advice in relation to the strategic aspects of your SMSF including contributions, pensions and insurance. Your FMD adviser can help you select investments and identify the level of risk appropriate for your needs. Your FMD adviser will also talk you through your insurance options, so you are fully briefed before making a decision.
Our Financial Advice service covers the major financial planning facets across the 6 Pillars of advice. But how do you best manage the exacting compliance requirements of an SMSF?
Introducing FMD Financial’s Self-Managed Super Fund Administration Service (FMD SMSF Service)
As a complement to FMD’s advice expertise, our SMSF service helps to deliver efficient and cost-effective administration of your self-managed super fund. It enables you to focus on building and managing wealth without the headache of managing time-critical compliance and administration requirements. Comprehensive reporting enables SMSF trustees to make informed decisions and allows members, trustees and appointed advisers to focus on achieving the best possible outcomes for the Fund.
Flexible and hassle-free
FMD’s SMSF service takes away the administrative burden of:
- SMSF Establishment
- Transfer of existing SMSF
- Ongoing monitoring of contributions, pensions and alignment to investment strategies
- Assistance with meeting trustee requirements of organising and managing your SMSF
- Annual financial and compliance reporting
- Accounting services including tax and audit
FMD’s SMSF service supports a range of investment vehicles including cash accounts, wrap platforms, share trading platforms and direct property. It is backed by market leading technology that aids in the reconciliation of funds flowing in and out of your SMSF.
How it works
Through our advisory expertise and SMSF Administration service, FMD can help you:
- Obtain a suitable trust deed
- Choose an appropriate trustee structure
- Work with you to meet your obligations with the regulators including the ATO
- Nominate members and provide notices to each member
- Open a bank account
- Prepare an investment strategy and implement the portfolio
- Effect insurance policies if required
- Determine beneficiary nominations.
Finally, all the gains of an SMSF with none of the pain.